Dr. Reinhard Ploss
Chairman of the Supervisory Board,
Member of the Supervisory Board since 2022, appointed until 2026
Dr. Reinhard Ploss was born in Bamberg in 1955. He studied process engineering at the Technical University of Munich and was awarded his doctorate in engineering in 1990. In 1986, Dr. Ploss embarked on his professional career at Siemens AG, initially as a process engineer in the semiconductor business in Munich. Starting in 1993, he worked in a series of managerial positions – first as Head of Technology at the company’s chip manufacturing operation in Villach, Austria, and then, between 1996 and 1999, as Head of the Power Semiconductor business unit in Munich, focusing on development and production.
After Siemens AG spun off Infineon Technologies AG, Dr. Ploss continued his career with Infineon in Munich. Initially, from 1999 to 2000, he worked as Head of the Industrial Power business unit and as Managing Director of Infineon subsidiary eupec GmbH & Co. KG. From 2000 to 2005, he headed up the Automotive and Industrial business unit, assuming full operational management of the Automotive, Industrial and Multimarket division in 2005, when he also took charge of research and development.
In 2007, Dr. Ploss was appointed to the Management Board of Infineon Technologies AG, where he was responsible for Operations. He subsequently held the position of Chairman and CEO from October 1, 2012, through to March 31, 2022. In this position, he was responsible for the divisions, group strategy, communications and public policy, research and development, and – in his role as Labor Director – human resources. In 2018, Dr. Reinhard Ploss became a member of the Presidium of acatech – National Academy of Science and Engineering; from March 2022 to November 2022, he was President of the Academy and Member of the Executive Board.
Dr. Ploss has chaired the Supervisory Board of Knorr-Bremse AG since May 2022.
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Futurium gGmbH
- Ordinary Member on the TUM Board of Trustees
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the foundation Stiftung für Demoskopie Allensbach
- Member of the Quantum Computing Scientific-Technical Advisory Council of the German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- Chairman of the Executive Committee of Qutac (Quantum Technology & Application Consortium)
- Honory member of the Board of Trustees of the Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft (Benefactors’ Association for the Promotion of Sciences and Humanities in Germany)