Data Protection Information – Candidate Data Protection Information pursuant to Art. 13 GDPR on e-Recruiting
Privacy Notice for the Knorr-Bremse Recruitment Portal
Thank you for visiting our website and your interest in employment at Knorr-Bremse.
The protection of your personal data is important to us. Therefore, Knorr-Bremse processes your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and further applicable laws on data protection and data security.
This privacy notice details how we process the personal data that you provide to us as part of your application and how we handle your personal data during the recruitment process. For details on how we process your personal data during your visit to our website, please refer to our website privacy notice .
1. Data Controller
The data controller for the processing of your personal data is the Knorr-Bremse company named in the respective job posting. You can find the contact details for the relevant company in the following overview on our website .
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer:
Corporate Data Protection Officer Knorr-Bremse
Moosacher Str. 80
2. Registration and Application
To merely view our job postings, you do not have to provide any personal data.
An application to a job opening is only possible via our recruitment portal and requires prior registration.
To create a user account, you have to provide at least the following information:
- Last name
- User name
- Email address
With your user account, you can access the recruitment portal, apply to open job postings and manage your applications.
After your registration, you can complete your personal details and add preferences and attachments, e.g. CVs or references, via the recruitment assistant.
Fields marked with (*) are mandatory information. All other information is optional.
3. For which purposes and on what legal basis do we process your personal data?
We use your personal data solely for the recruitment process. Legal bases for the processing of your data is the decision on entering an employment relationship between you and Knorr-Bremse in accordance with § 26 (1) 1 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (new).
In the following case, the legal basis for processing of your personal data is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 par. 1 lit. a GDPR:
- We do collect special categories of personal data (information regarding racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, union membership, genetic or biometric data, health data or data regarding sex life or sexual orientation) only where we are legally required to do so. If you voluntarily provide us with special categories of personal data, you hereby explicitly agree to the processing of your personal data as described in this privacy notice.
- You have the option to release your profile to be considered for further job openings at other German Knorr-Bremse companies. In this case, you agree that your personal data including any attachments may be accessed by the HR managers of these companies.
- Depending on the target position and the Knorr-Bremse company advertising the open position, you have the option to enter the name of a Knorr-Bremse employee who has recommended the position to you. With entering the name of an employee, you agree that the employee is informed if your application leads to your employment at Knorr-Bremse. This information is provided in case the recommending employee is eligible for a recruitment bonus.
4. Who are the recipients of your data?
At locations with more than one Knorr-Bremse company (Berlin and Munich), the HR department of one of these companies is responsible for the recruitment process.
Additionally, we use affiliate companies and external service providers (data processors) for the technical and functional support of the recruitment portal.
5. Is your data transferred to third countries?
We do not transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Union.
6. When is your personal data deleted?
Your application for a specific job opening and the associated personal data will be deleted six months after the end of the application process. This also applies if you withdraw your application via the recruitment portal. Inactive applications, i.e. applications that have not been sent, are also deleted after six months.
Your user account will be deleted six months after your last login to the recruitment portal. Your user account will not be deleted if you have an active application. Once your application has ended, your user account is deleted six months after your last login. You can always delete your user account yourself via the ‚delete registration‘ button in the recruitment portal.
7. Does Knorr-Bremse make decisions based solely on the automated processing of personal data (including profiling)?
Knorr-Bremse does not rely solely on automated individual decision making (including profiling) as part of the recruitment process.
9. What are your rights?
You can access, correct or delete your personal data at any time via the recruitment portal.
Subject to the requirements stipulated by the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- access to your personal data,
- the rectification of incorrect or incomplete data,
- deletion of your personal data,
- restriction of the processing of your personal data,
- the right to receive your personal data in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the transfer of that the data to another controller,
- to object to the processing of your personal data.
Where we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Please note that without the provision of your personal data, your application cannot be processed.
10. Who can you contact, if you have any questions or would like to exercise your rights?
If you have any questions regarding your application, you can contact us at email@example.com at any time.
If you have questions regarding data protection or would like to exercise your rights, please contact the Knorr-Bremse data protection organization at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your requests very seriously and are committed to address any of your concerns. Nonetheless, you have the right to file a complaint with a competent data protection authority at any time. In Bavaria the competent data protection authority is the Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht (BayLDA), Promenade 18, 91522 Ansbach.