Knorr-Bremse press releases.
Up to speed. In this section you can read our latest press releases. Would you like to stay regularly updated? Then please subscribe to our press mailing list .
Should you require any additional materials, our communications team will be happy to help.
Success in India: Knorr-Bremse partners with Alstom to equip metro trains for megacities Bhopal and Indore
- On behalf of Alstom, Knorr-Bremse is fitting braking and climate control systems to 52 Movia metros ordered by Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited
- Trains will serve on metro lines currently under construction in Bhopal and Indore
- Knorr-Bremse systems are in high demand for major projects in the emerging Indian rail market
- For Knorr-Bremse, the order value is in the lower double-digit million-euro range
Knorr-Bremse is to equip more metro trains destined for major cities in India in partnership with Alstom. The equipment includes braking and climate control systems for 52 Alstom Movia trains with a total of 156 railcars ordered by Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MPMRCL) for Bhopal and Indore. Knorr-Bremse will also provide comprehensive services for these technologies over a 15-year period. With this order, Knorr-Bremse is benefiting from the dynamic development of India’s transportation sector while contributing to safe, reliable, eco-friendly mobility in the country’s mass transit segment.
Knorr-Bremse Sees Higher Profit Margin and Strong Cash Flow
- Robust demand continues in both divisions in the first nine months of 2023: order intake rises to € 6.2 billion
- Order book reaches a new record high of roughly € 7.2 billion
- Knorr-Bremse’s revenue increases by a significant 12.7% to roughly € 5.9 billion
- BOOST 2026 strategy program: efficiency increase measures show initial success; operating EBIT margin in third quarter rises to 11.5% (Q2/23: 11.1%)
- Free cash flow in third quarter rises significantly to € 230 million (Q3/22: € 38 million) with a cash conversion rate of 168% (Q3/22: 25%)
- Group confirms Guidance for 2023
Knorr-Bremse AG, the global market leader for braking systems and a leading supplier of other safety-critical rail and commercial vehicle systems, today published its results for the first nine months and third quarter of 2023.
Autonomous truck sets course for the motorway
ATLAS-L4 funding project records important milestones
- Sensor vehicle already collecting data on the autobahn
- Technical basis laid for Control Center for autonomous driving
- First automated test drives on the autobahn to take place this year
Claudia Mayfeld’s Chief Human Resources Officer Contract at Knorr-Bremse Extended Early
The Supervisory Board of Knorr-Bremse AG has extended the contract of Dr. Claudia Mayfeld (59) for her role as chief human resources officer for five years as of May 2024. On top of that, she will continue to have responsibility for Integrity, Legal Affairs, IP, and Data Protection globally as an Executive Board member.
Knorr-Bremse’s eCUBATOR innovation unit pursues e-mobility mission with enhanced objectives
- eCUBATOR acts as a global, cross-system e-mobility hub for Knorr-Bremse’s customers and core organization
- Innovative, efficient and scalable technologies will help boost the “zero emissions” trend
- Focus on new growth areas associated with ZEVs (zero-emission vehicles)
Knorr-Bremse, the global market leader in braking systems and a leading supplier of other rail and commercial vehicle systems, has announced that the eCUBATOR innovation unit set up in 2020 will continue to operate beyond 2023.
Busworld 2023: Knorr-Bremse presents trailblazing new products for bus fleets
- New Global Scalable Brake Control (GSBC) system celebrates successful market launch
- Modular SYNACT® disc brake family for city buses
- Innovative systems enhance ergonomics, efficiency and safety
At Busworld 2023, Knorr-Bremse will be presenting safe, efficient and reliable solutions for bus fleets. Busworld is regarded as one of the world’s most important bus-related trade fairs and will be held in Brussels on October 7–12, 2023. The Knorr-Bremse stand is in Hall 11 (Stand 1161).